Request a quote

7 days a week - 0344 264 2001

Protection for YOU, and your loved ones...

There are a number of situations that may arise which could cause you financial difficulty. It is our job to make you aware of these and to recommend solutions so that you can enjoy your home with peace of mind.

The Different Types of Insurance Products

Insurance, or protection as we commonly call it, doesn’t need to cost the earth. Even a relatively small amount of cover could help you and your family cope if disaster were to strike.

There are many different types of protection available on the market today and to help you understand these differences we have outlined them below.

Life Assurance

Life Assurance is most commonly taken out with a mortgage and it is designed to pay out a cash sum to help pay off your mortgage if you die during the length of the policy.  This means that your loved ones could continue to live in the family home without worrying about the mortgage debt.

There are two types of Life Assurance linked to a mortgage, level term and decreasing term.  Level term assurance is generally arranged to cover an interest-only mortgage, whilst decreasing term assurance provides protection for a repayment mortgage, with the cover reducing in line with the reducing mortgage balance.

Critical Illness Cover (CIC)

You’ve probably heard the term, but what is critical illness cover (CIC)?  Broadly speaking, a critical illness is a state of severe ill health, which is often very likely to affect a person’s lifestyle. Illnesses such as cancer, heart attack, strokes and multiple sclerosis (MS) are amongst the more commonly known critical illnesses.

A Critical Illness policy can be arranged in the same was as Life Assurance (level and decreasing) but it will pay out on diagnosis of certain illnesses as opposed to paying out on death.

Income Protection

This type of cover provides individuals with the security of knowing that their essential household expenses can be met if they are off work due to an accident or sickness.  Whilst many people have cover in place to protect a mortgage or loan, many have no cover in place to cover the other everyday bills and expenses such as utility bills, food shopping, travel costs, childcare and so on.

Income protection can help as it provides a tax-free monthly payment until you are able to return to work.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings insurance will protect your home from events such as fire, flood and subsidence, whilst contents insurance protects your household goods and personal belongings within your home, and sometimes away from your home too.

For insurance business we offer products from a panel of insurance companies.